Disgusting Visual Aids Don’t Support Your Words
Yes, visual aids will bring your words to life. As a Speech Coach, I have been teaching that for years.
However, not just any visual aid will do. Disgusting ones will distract and even revolt your audience.
Example: The grocery store customer told me he likes dogs. Very fine so far.
Yet then he pulled off his shirt–entirely–and pointed to his two dogs, displayed on a large tattoo on his arm. As you can guess, I would have preferred no visual aid at all.
So when you’re planning a visual aid to amplify your words, be sure you are sensitive to how the audience might react. Stay on the safe side, and you’ll get your meaning across more tastefully.
Leave a Reply
- Literary Agent Wendy Keller Tells How To Get Your Book Published
- Gina Schreck Tells Why Conversations With Prospects Work Best
- Every Day Can Be International Compliment Day
- Marketing Therapist Lorrie Thomas Ross Explains “Markedin”
- Hear Communication Expert Dianna Booher Discuss Her New Book About E-Mail Strategies